Instructions for Full Paper Presenters
- The presentation language is English
- Each parallel session/workshop consists on 3-4 related oral presentations.
- Each presentation is 15 minutes (+ 5 minutes for questions).
- Each session has a Session Chair, who will introduce the speakers to the audience and supervise that the oral presentations will not exceed the allotted time of 20 minutes. The Session Chair will give a reminder when there are two minutes left and stop the presentation when the time has ended.
- The Session Chair will do a brief sum-up of the presentations in the end of the session.
- Several related presentations can - if desired -be presented at a special workshop/symposium, which the presenters organize themselves. Please contact the conference committee and program for details.
Instructions for building the presentation
- The format of the presentation shall be PowerPoint or PDF-file. The file containing the presentation should be named with the word ‘presentation' followed by the surname of the main author, e.g Presentation_Lindfors.ppt.
- Use standard fonts (e.g., Times Roman, Helvetica, Arial, New Times Roman), basic fonts are included on the session room computer. If an unusual font is used, it may not translate.
- The wording should be large and as legible as possible, and the text in the visual material should not be smaller than 16 points.
- Try to keep the content of your slides as simple as possible and their appearance simple and as consistent as possible. Each slide should contain only the main points that need to be conveyed. Overcrowding of the slide with tiny text should be avoided.
- The colours and background of the slides have a large impact. Use colours that have sufficient contrast between text and background.
- Consideration should be given to colour blindness when choosing colours for your presentation, e.g. avoid use of red and green together on graphs.
- Bring your presentation on a MS Windows readable USB flash Drive. Attend the session room not later than 15 min before your session starts, for uploading the presentation on the computer.
Instructions for Poster Presenters
Place and presentation
Posters will be placed on the screens that are located in the main conference hall, Aurora. You have to bring and place it on yourself.
The conference staff will assist you if necessary.
The conference participants can explore the posters during breaks that are indicated "coffee & posters" in the program. Thus, we kindly recommend that the poster presenters should stay along the poster at least one time per day and give it to those who are interested.
There are a lot of instructions in the Internet how to make a good poster. We prefer the A0 or A1 sizes.
If you have anything to ask, please contact conference staff or infodesk.